Re: [Evolution] Re: Fsck'd Japanese fonts in 1.2

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 16:04, Larry Ewing wrote:
It is a gtkhtml font problem.  Gtkhtml stores it's fonts in gconf in 1.2
so if you are changing the old gnome-config files that will not change
things.  I'm not sure exactly what trouble people are having, and simply
saying it is broken doesn't really help.  If you would like to see this
resolved add specifics of your font settings and the problems you are
having to the bugs in bugzilla.ximian.com that already refer to this
problem.

--Larry

<whack>

Larry,

I started this particular thread, but it is really a follow up to
many threads from many people who cannot get japanese fonts to
work correctly with 1.2.0 or 1.2.1.  I have set up a test environment
with a clean redhat 8.0 install followed by a clean 1.2.1 install via
redcarpet.  During the redhat install I did install JP support. I
verified this with the usual environment variables.  Mozilla works.
1.0.8 works.  1.2.1 does not.  I tried *every* 2 byte font available
under redhat 8.0 and it's always nothing or mojibaki (gibberish).

I have spent weeks trying to find someone who has japanese fonts working
under 1.2.x.  No luck.

As I said, I have a test bed so if you Ximian guru's will point me in a
direction I will be more than happy to see what I can do to help out.

Dave Maddox