[Evolution] Lack of sound - Solved!

If  you can't get evolution to play a sound when mail arrives, check the sound settings in 'gnomecc'. Check under 'Multimedia/Sound', and make sure both 'Enable Sound Server startup' and 'Sounds for events' are checked (actually, I'm not sure about the second one, but it probably won't hurt to turn it on). After changing these settings, I rebooted to make sure they kicked in, and Voila!, evolution had sound.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Thanks.

Jean

CANSYS West Limited