[Evolution] Lost all contacts in contact database

Hello,

 This morning I logged in, started up X, then Evolution, to discover my
*entire* contact database (I just used the default 'Contacts' folder)
empty (except for the default Ximian, Inc. entry).

 After panicing, I remembered I had backup on my evolution directory, it
was only a day old so, although I lost some contacts & notes, I was able
to recover the majority. Although not without some trouble...

 First, I closed evolution, and tried to copy:

cp -rp <evobackups>/20020801/local/Contacts <home>/evolution/local

 When I started up evolution, nothing changed, I still only had the
Ximian, Inc. entry in the Contact folder... So I made a new contact
folder called 'Work Contacts' in the "Local Folders" section, exited
evolution, and:

cp -p <evobackups>/20020801/local/Contacts/*
<home>/evolution/local/Work\ Contacts/

 This worked, I have my contacts back, with a couple side-effects.

#1. When I compose a message, click 'To:' to select a contact, It
defaults to the 'Contacts' folder, so I have to switch everytime to
'Work Contacts'

#2. I can no longer use "nicknames" to quickly pull up an entry when
composing a message, probably due to #1

 Any help?

BTW - I'm now doing nightly backups of my evolution directory just to be
safe, I can't afford to loose my data like that again.

--
 Nick Jennings
 Technical Services Engineer