[Evolution] Filtering incomming messages with IMAP mailbox

Hi,

 I've switched to from POP to IMAP over the past day, and the one
difference that is really annoying that I haven't been able to figure
out so far is when I get new mail, it all goes to the INBOX, and only
after I click on the INBOX does all the mail get sorted based on my
filters.

 Previously this was all done as the mail was downloaded, going to the
appropriate folder immediately.

 One other thing is that I am pretty anal about folder organization. I
talk with alot of clients and staff about different projects and things
so I have several folder "sections" which contains subfolders, and so on
up to 3 to 4 levels deep.

 Whenever I start up evolution, or when I click on a "non mailbox"
folder (meaning, i don't keep mail in it, just more folders) I get an
error 'No such folder <foldername>'. I think this is because the IMAP
server hasn't created it as a folder since no mail has gone into it, so
aside from creating some black message to keep in there to avoid the
annoying error messages, how can I stop these messages from popping up?

--
 Nick Jennings
 Technical Services Engineer