Re: [Evolution] charset setting

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 07:08, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
On Ne, 2002-04-21 at 21:48, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
My gues is that you were responding to a message that was not truly
iso-8859-1, but rather windows-cp1252 or whatever. Since not all chars
in windows-cp1252 can be encoded into iso-8859-2, we had to auto-detect
the best charset to use which just happened to be UTF-8.

The body of the original message (produced by mutt) was only 7bit ASCII.
As a matter of fact, most people in my country choose to use mutilated
language without accents in their emails. My reply only had ISO-8859-2
characters.

Can you perhaps open a new bug on bugzilla.ximian.com, and attach both
an example original message, and an example reply message to it?
Thanks.

IMHO, it's not our problem if other mailers don't support standard
charsets. Other mailers send *us* not only non-standard charsets, but

Well, the affected mailers are elm and pine. On the other hand, Outlook
is fine with UTF-8.

Does setting the charset in the composer manually help any?  Or is that
what you were doing?

sometimes even broken encodings yet we still have to deal with them.

OK, but I don't like the idea of sending mail that people can't read.
They call me freak :-)

Naah its good, less replies to deal with!