Re: [Evolution] charset setting

On Ne, 2002-04-21 at 21:48, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
My gues is that you were responding to a message that was not truly
iso-8859-1, but rather windows-cp1252 or whatever. Since not all chars
in windows-cp1252 can be encoded into iso-8859-2, we had to auto-detect
the best charset to use which just happened to be UTF-8.

The body of the original message (produced by mutt) was only 7bit ASCII.
As a matter of fact, most people in my country choose to use mutilated
language without accents in their emails. My reply only had ISO-8859-2
characters.

IMHO, it's not our problem if other mailers don't support standard
charsets. Other mailers send *us* not only non-standard charsets, but

Well, the affected mailers are elm and pine. On the other hand, Outlook
is fine with UTF-8.

sometimes even broken encodings yet we still have to deal with them.

OK, but I don't like the idea of sending mail that people can't read.
They call me freak :-)

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka