Re: [Evolution] Missing emails from folders...

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 22:50, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 16:38, John Harlow wrote:
I noticed today that a few emails I had in my Inbox were missing.

I did a grep -r for a term in one of them and it turned up in
~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.

Both of the missing emails are immediately following a huge HTML
newsletter email that I received. As a side note, this email looses all
of its formatting and converts to text when I do a forward on it.

Has anyone else noticed emails disappearing this way?

Hm, no.  Are you using HEAD or stable?

On HEAD, I have found that the message hiding feature messes up
sometimes, and I have to do a View -> Show hidden messages to see all my

It only does this with duplicated messages afaik.

messages.  Does this fix the problem for you as well?  (Although, it
sounds like you have a different problem.)

It might be possible that the From marker separating multiple messages
in the inbox is corrupt, or isn't detected.  Either case is a bug, so
check through the mailbox:

After the large mail, the next mail should start with something like: