Re: [Evolution] Reply in kind. (ascii and html)

Yes, this is one of my (minor) pet peeves as well.  Most of the time I'd
rather send the #$# %! person sending me such messages a non-HTML e-mail
in reply, but HTML should be default and you should be able to change
that easily from the Format menu.  OBVIOUSLY this person "prefers to
receive" HTML mail or they wouldn't send it to you.  The contact setting
shouldn't matter for a reply (though it *should* work, I suppose--I've
just never tried using it).

Switching the Format to HTML after opening the reply window would be
pretty close to impossible, programming-wise... they can't simply
restore the the HTML tags that have been removed.  So your solution
should be (relatively) easy.

Weird!! I just tried opening a reply for an HTML message, and all the
formatting was removed except for a couple of paragraphs the sender had
colored green.  In my compose window, that text was green but all other
formatting had been removed.

--Eric