Re: [Evolution] SSL ports

le lun 17-09-2001 at 21:12 Jeffrey Stedfast a écrit :
On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 12:20, Xavier Bestel wrote:

IMAP-ssl doesn't work too - apparently I can't use an ssl transport with
Evo. IMAP-ssl says "unexpected server answer: A00001 BAD Command
unrecognized/login please: SELECT"

It's like if the :port part of the hostname in the config dialog wasn't
used. Any hint ?

The port is used. You'll have to restart Evolution before the SSL stuff
will take affect btw. Not sure you knew that...

OK, I just set up Evo (just an smtp ssl for now), quitted,
killev/oaf-slay & co, restarted, composed a mail and tried to send it.
No way ...

Here is my mail header (which seems OK):

Subject: qsdqsd
From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
To: xav awak dyndns org
        smtp://nomade;auth=CRAM-MD5 awak dyndns org:465/;use_ssl
Date: 18 Sep 2001 00:10:05 +0200

I sniffed the LAN with ethereal, and effectively there's something
(cryptic, so I suppose it's ssl) going between evo's machine and
awak.dyndns.org, on port smtps (465). But there are only 12 packets
exchanged, and then I have the "interrupted syscall" dialog.
Is there an option somewhere to debug ssl ?

           Xav