Re: [Evolution] SSL ports

le lun 17-09-2001 at 15:39 Xavier Bestel a écrit :
le lun 17-09-2001 at 15:30 Dan Winship a écrit :
On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 08:11, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Hi !

I've set up sslwrapper on my debian box, and I would like to use it with
Evo. Unfortunately it seems like it's not possible to connect to the
special ports, Evo tries to connect to non-ssl ports only.
How do I specify these ports ?

Specify "hostname:port" instead of just "hostname" in the config dialog.

Well ... I set the hostname as mail:465 (mail is a debian/stable machine
with a working exim conf + sslwrap, I tested sslwrap using telnet-ssl)
and when I try e.g. "check for supported types" in the password section,
or when I try to send a mail, it says "interrupted system call".

It's latest RH6.2 redcarpet.

IMAP-ssl doesn't work too - apparently I can't use an ssl transport with
Evo. IMAP-ssl says "unexpected server answer: A00001 BAD Command
unrecognized/login please: SELECT"

It's like if the :port part of the hostname in the config dialog wasn't
used. Any hint ?

          Xav