Re: [Evolution] Evolution, procmail, and mutt

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 11:29, Dan Berger wrote:
I don't have step by step instructions, but here's what I can tell
you.

I have fetchmail grabbing and procmail processing my incoming mail.
My .procmailrc file points to my inbox (either ~/Mail/Inbox/ or
~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox/ - see below).  I've had no problems with
this configuration - but you do have to expunge your inbox when in Evo
to see newly arrived messages.

[some excellent information which has made me _very_ happy and earned
Dan my eternal gratitude snipped]

Well, I did it. I converted everything over to maildir and now mutt and
evolution coexist happily. But the last line above:
but you do have to expunge your inbox when in Evo to see newly
arrived messages.

..is kind of annoying. I was happy to discover that gkrellm supports
maildir, too (yay!), so I know when mail arrives, but it's a pain to
have to expunge evolution in order to check existing mailboxes for
external intervention. Albeit a small one :).

Would it be possible to enable the 'check mail every n minutes' thing
for server type none and just go and check the status of existing
folders ? I realize this probably isn't a 1.0 thing, but it sure would
be nice.

You folks have done an incredible job on Evolution. I can't thank you
enough.

        An extremely happy Evolution user,

        John A.