Re: [Evolution] Evolution, procmail, and mutt

I don't have step by step instructions, but here's what I can tell
you.

I have fetchmail grabbing and procmail processing my incoming mail.
My .procmailrc file points to my inbox (either ~/Mail/Inbox/ or
~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox/ - see below).  I've had no problems with
this configuration - but you do have to expunge your inbox when in Evo
to see newly arrived messages.

As far as evo and mutt sharing mail files, I've done this two ways.

1. the "real" mail files live in ~/Mail and I've manually setup
   symlinks in ~/evolution/local/.../mbox.  This >only< works with
   maildir or mh style folders - reason being that when evo expunges
   mbox files it re-writes the file, thus breaking the symlink.
   Assuming you're using maildir or mh for all your folders - this
   makes things work nicely in mutt, but each new folder must be added
   by hand in evo.

2. the "real" mail files live in ~/evolution/local/.../mbox.  This
   works with mbox files. My .muttrc specifies
   ~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox as my spool and
   ~/evolution/local/Sent/mbox as record.  It works, but navigating
   folders in mutt is a bit of a pain.

Thankfully evo has gotten to the point where I mostly don't use mutt
when I'm on console (I am now, as Evo still doesn't manage mail list
digests terribly well).

Hope that helps.