[Evolution] Evolution, procmail, and mutt

I know this has been bandied about a couple times previously, but is it
possible to have mutt/procmail and Evolution share the same
folders/files ? If so, does anyone have step by step directions to do
so. I've tried a couple of things myself, but stuff seems to blow up in
unexpected fashions when I do so.

The reason I'm interested is that I'd still like to be able to view my
mail in a text-based client when I'm not at home, preferably without too
much hassle.

Thanks in advance,

John A.