Re: [Evolution] Evolution and IMAP access

On Wed, 2001-09-12 at 19:29, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Wed, 2001-09-12 at 13:14, David (Demo Monkey) Simmons wrote:

It appears that Evolution dies pretty regularly when any other process
(such as a new-mail notifier) attempts to access the IMAP mailbox. This
is causing me a great deal of greif this am, as I seem to have left a
copy of Netscape Messenger running from home that periodically checks my
email. Every time it does, Evolution's Mail client dies. :-( This does
NOT affect me if I am using Netscape Messenger (which apparently closes,
then re-opens the IMAP mailbox every time it tries an access). I wonder
if this is a 'feature' or a bug that Evolution opens and holds the IMAP
mailbox forever and dies when any other process accesses it...

I don't have this problem...I usually have 2 Evolution's open (one on my
laptop and one on my workstation) and am able to read mail on both fine
(they read from the same 2 imap accounts - one is Courier and one is
Cyrus).

Are you using UW by any chance?

I am also seeing this occassionally, and am using UW 4.7 on the server.
Why do I keep on finding reasons to not like the UW server...

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712