Re: [Evolution] Evolution and IMAP access

On Wed, 2001-09-12 at 13:14, David (Demo Monkey) Simmons wrote:

It appears that Evolution dies pretty regularly when any other process
(such as a new-mail notifier) attempts to access the IMAP mailbox. This
is causing me a great deal of greif this am, as I seem to have left a
copy of Netscape Messenger running from home that periodically checks my
email. Every time it does, Evolution's Mail client dies. :-( This does
NOT affect me if I am using Netscape Messenger (which apparently closes,
then re-opens the IMAP mailbox every time it tries an access). I wonder
if this is a 'feature' or a bug that Evolution opens and holds the IMAP
mailbox forever and dies when any other process accesses it...

I don't have this problem...I usually have 2 Evolution's open (one on my
laptop and one on my workstation) and am able to read mail on both fine
(they read from the same 2 imap accounts - one is Courier and one is
Cyrus).

Are you using UW by any chance?

Another problem that I can't seem to get around is that the Summary only
seems capable of listing the LOCAL inbox, not an IMAP inbox. Since I
don't USE a local mailbox, the Summary information on the Inbox is not
all that useful. Anyone know how (or if it is possible) to get around
this?

We have not yet decided if this is a 1.0 goal.

Jeff