Re: [Evolution] cosmetic problem in address completion

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 08:17, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:
On Wed, 2001-09-12 at 14:35, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
Hi,

the email address that is offered for completion in To: and Cc: fields
sometimes differs depending on the keystrokes I start with.

Example: I have a contact in the Addressbook for James Bond with email
address agent007 fbi gov  If I type "ja" in the To: field, the correct
completion is offered: "James Bond <agent007 fbi gov>". However, when I
start with "ag", evo also finds the contact but offers this:
"<James Bond> agent007 fbi gov".

How is this a problem? It is only logical.  It is showing what you
entered with the additional information offered in angle brackets.

The RFC for email address (RFC822? or is that mail messages?) specifies
that an email address looks like this:

"A Name" <their email address>

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712