[Evolution] Evolution and IMAP access

It appears that Evolution dies pretty regularly when any other process
(such as a new-mail notifier) attempts to access the IMAP mailbox. This
is causing me a great deal of greif this am, as I seem to have left a
copy of Netscape Messenger running from home that periodically checks my
email. Every time it does, Evolution's Mail client dies. :-( This does
NOT affect me if I am using Netscape Messenger (which apparently closes,
then re-opens the IMAP mailbox every time it tries an access). I wonder
if this is a 'feature' or a bug that Evolution opens and holds the IMAP
mailbox forever and dies when any other process accesses it...

Another problem that I can't seem to get around is that the Summary only
seems capable of listing the LOCAL inbox, not an IMAP inbox. Since I
don't USE a local mailbox, the Summary information on the Inbox is not
all that useful. Anyone know how (or if it is possible) to get around
this?

Regards,
dg
--
"One drowned worm, a piece of fuzzy lint that *looks* like a bug,
a live ant, and a smashed fly."