Re: [Evolution] Per-folder feature idea (that would just happen to fit me perfectly :-)

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 07:12, Dan Winship wrote:
On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 00:29, Zot O'Connor wrote:
Perhaps a simple way to do this is Filters on outgoing mail.

That could get confusing, because you have no indication at the time
you're writing the message that the From will be changed. And what if
you want to send from a non-default address for some reason? And what if
you cc: two lists with different rules?

Oh its less than perfect :)  But it is a "power user" patch.  I suppose
for the power user wannabees you could have a warning or selection
dialog :)  You could even have an indicator on the "TO:" field that let
people turn on and off the filter.

I like the "default identities" idea though. There was talk about it
once, but I don't think it's in bugzilla.

The mailbox identities is a better idea for the most part, but it too
has its issues.  I mentioned the  outbound filter model as a possible
solution that might be quicker (if it was possible to copy over the
filtering rules and mugne the headers already).  And if you leave it in
"power user mode" you do not need a fancy UI ;)

-- Dan

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com