RE: [Evolution] IMAP Trash folder?

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 12:50, Eric Lambart wrote:
10/24/2001 9:03:59 AM, Mike Sangrey <msangrey bluefelthat org> wrote:

How about instead of "Trash" it's called "vTrash"?

Sometime in the future (after 1.0) you could enable the user to choose
either a "Trash folder" or a "vTrash folder".

Yeah, I seriously think the best (and SAFEST) interim solution should indicate _somehow_ that it is a
vFolder.

I like your idea, but wouldn't it be more a lot more consistent to simply put it in the vFolder tree?
Someone might think
"vTrash" was a typo; but if it was listed separately from all the other (real) folders, new users would
realize something
was up and probably learn about vFolders in the process... and, we wouldn't have a vFolder sneakily hiding
amonst the
real folders--which just doesn't seem right to me.

I don't think people would think `vTrash' is anymore a typo than
`vFolders'.  And the `v' leans toward a commonly accepted convention.
At least it "feels" that way to me.

Also, if you stick `Trash' down in `vFolders' I would have assumed THAT
`Trash' folder had something to do with stuff deleted out of `vFolders'
and that REALLY gets confusing.

BTW, I haven't tried it, but what is suppose to happen if someone drags
and drops an email from a folder to `Trash'?  Does that do the right
thing?  You'll have people do that, you know.  Maybe this was discussed
already and I missed it.

--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey BlueFeltHat org