Re: [Evolution] Per-folder feature idea (that would just happen to fit me perfectly :-)
- From: Ed Wilts <ewilts ewilts org>
- To: Dan Winship <danw ximian com>
- Cc: "Zot O'Connor" <zot zotconsulting com>, Evolution List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Per-folder feature idea (that would just happen to fit me perfectly :-)
- Date: 24 Oct 2001 18:09:32 -0500
On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 09:12, Dan Winship wrote:
On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 00:29, Zot O'Connor wrote:
Perhaps a simple way to do this is Filters on outgoing mail.
That could get confusing, because you have no indication at the time
you're writing the message that the From will be changed. And what if
you want to send from a non-default address for some reason? And what if
you cc: two lists with different rules?
The way KMail works is that you create separate identities. Then, when
you send a message, the identities will all be available through a
drop-down by the from address (similar to the way Evolution works now).
The default is the one that's associated with the folder or the original
To: address. The user can change it to any of the defined identities
easily to match the individual user requirements. Quick and painless.
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org
] [Thread Prev