Re: [Evolution] sync stopped working

On 20 Nov 2001 22:02:38 -0500
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com> wrote:

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 20:36, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
Hi,

last Friday sync worked fine with the new RC2 release. Today it doesn't work at all. My Palm says that it
can't connect to the computer. What I found out: Even on Friday (a far as I remember) sync worked only,
if I choose "Syncronize" in the Pilot-Link settings of the control center. It didn't work with "Use
conduit settings", which I find a little bit weird. Today, after sync had failed, I checked Pilot-Link
settings and found out that it had changed to "use conduit settings" automatically. But even after
changing back to "Syncronize" it didn't work. Somewhere I read that one has to restart the daemon by
right clicking on the Pilot-Link icon. This doesn't work here. Right clicking shows no reaction. So I
rebooted. Again the settings had automatically changed from "Syncronize" to "Use conduit settings" and
sync didn't work.

So what can I do?

I'm unclear here, are you running the pilot-applet in the panel?

No, what I tried to explain was the configuration in "controll center/Advanced/Pilot Link". Also "controll
center/Advanced/Pilot Coduits" is configured. What I actually do is just push the HotSync button while
evolution is open. That' how it should work and it worked well yesterday. My point is, that it worked only
with the Pilot Link settings configured as "Syncronize" (and not as "Use conduit settings"), and that this
configuration now isn't saved. It always changes back to "Use conduit settings".

Sorry if I'm unclear. My English is too bad and moreover I don't really understand what's going on between
"gnome-pilot", "pilot-link", "conduits" and "evolution". By the way pilot-xfer on the command line works, for
example for backup.

Gerhard Schuck
geschu ma5 seikyou ne jp