Re: [Evolution] sync stopped working

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:47:58 +0900
Gerhard Schuck <geschu ma5 seikyou ne jp> wrote:

On 20 Nov 2001 22:02:38 -0500
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com> wrote:

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 20:36, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
Hi,

last Friday sync worked fine with the new RC2 release. Today it doesn't work at all. My Palm says that
it can't connect to the computer. What I found out: Even on Friday (a far as I remember) sync worked
only, if I choose "Syncronize" in the Pilot-Link settings of the control center. It didn't work with
"Use conduit settings", which I find a little bit weird. Today, after sync had failed, I checked
Pilot-Link settings and found out that it had changed to "use conduit settings" automatically. But even
after changing back to "Syncronize" it didn't work. Somewhere I read that one has to restart the daemon
by right clicking on the Pilot-Link icon. This doesn't work here. Right clicking shows no reaction. So
I rebooted. Again the settings had automatically changed from "Syncronize" to "Use conduit settings"
and sync didn't work.

So what can I do?

I'm unclear here, are you running the pilot-applet in the panel?

No, what I tried to explain was the configuration in "controll center/Advanced/Pilot Link". Also "controll
center/Advanced/Pilot Coduits" is configured. What I actually do is just push the HotSync button while
evolution is open. That' how it should work and it worked well yesterday. My point is, that it worked only
with the Pilot Link settings configured as "Syncronize" (and not as "Use conduit settings"), and that this
configuration now isn't saved. It always changes back to "Use conduit settings".

Sorry if I'm unclear. My English is too bad and moreover I don't really understand what's going on between
"gnome-pilot", "pilot-link", "conduits" and "evolution". By the way pilot-xfer on the command line works,
for example for backup.

As I now found out, it's not a problem of synchronization but a problem of the Pilot Link configuration
program in control center/Advanced. When I open "control center/Advanced/Pilot Link", change the
configuration of MyPilot from "Use conduit settings" to "Syncronize", click OK but don't close the "Settings"
window, sync works fine. As soon as I close the window the synchronization is blocked. Strange isn't it?
Somehow the Pilot Link settings aren't saved when I close the Settings window, and the settings jump back to
a standard configuration which doesn't work. At least that's my conclusion as a user.

So for the moment I know what I have to do to get my Palm synchronized. But still the question is open what's
going wrong.

Gerhard Schuck
geschu ma5 seikyou ne jp