[Evolution] Transferring data from Outlook to Evolution

Sorry for the repeated post folks, but I didn't put a subject on the first
one by mistake and so am trying again.

Is there a way of getting my contacts and existing emails from outlook into
evolution?

There are heaps of them and I really don't want to retype them all if I can
help it.

I just tried the .pst file that outlook exports with no luck (Evolution
couldn't understand it).

It has already been suggested that I use VCards for the contacts, but that
would mean doing them one by one.

One possibility for the contacts in via my Palm.  Does the palm conduit work
with Evolution?

Still doesn't help me with the emails though.

If I can sort this, I can finally give M$ the flick by the look of it....

Thanks

Peter.