Re: [Evolution] Transferring data from Outlook to Evolution

On Sat, 2001-11-17 at 03:49, Peter Nunn wrote:
Sorry for the repeated post folks, but I didn't put a subject on the first
one by mistake and so am trying again.

Is there a way of getting my contacts and existing emails from outlook into
evolution?

There are heaps of them and I really don't want to retype them all if I can
help it.

I just tried the .pst file that outlook exports with no luck (Evolution
couldn't understand it).

Peter - No way to get your mail to Evolution directly from Outlook.  PST
stands for 'Proprietary Storage Type', by Microsoft.

Here is what I would do:

Set up an IMAP server.  Copy all your data from the PST file (From
Outlook) to the IMAP server.  Copy your contacts as well.

Open Evolution against the IMAP server, pull down your email and your
contacts.

The Conduits *should* be working, from what I've read.

Mike Strock
mstrock oz net