Re: [Evolution] calendar task problem

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:21:36PM -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 09:48, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
the following i get when starting evolution from a terminal. what can i
do to correct this? it seems that this problem occured after i
syncronzied with my palm, but i am not sure. i thought it will be gone
with a new upgrade, but it hasnot. i use evolution beta 6, the stock
evolution from debian. i really want to use the calender and tasks from
evolution with my palm, i hope somebody can help me!

Can you do the following:

killev
evolution-calendar

Wait a few seconds and then in another terminal
evolution

See what evolution-calendar spews out.

evolution-calendar initially spews out:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `BonoboObject'

Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-running-context.c: line 413
(bonobo_running_context_auto_exit_unref): assertion `object != NULL'
failed.

calendar-gui-ERROR **: I could not register a Tasks control factory.
aborting...
Aborted

and dies, the evolution in another terminal starts up with the same
messages as listed in the original email with no additional output in
the evolution-calendar terminal (evolution-calendar dies and exits).

i would really like to use the calendar and task list too.  i'm using
0.16 (beta 6) on debian unstable, but the calendar and task list did not
work for me in beta 5 starting in beta 5 somewhere iirc.

thanks,
nathanp.

-JP