Re: [Evolution] Continuing strange GPG behavior

On 20 May 2001 09:54:19 -0700, Dan Berger wrote:
On 20 May 2001 12:36:32 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Replying to a PGP signed message results in a composition window without
the original text.

This will only happen if you've decrypted the original text (if not,
then I guess it just doesn't work. Danw says we should do this, I'm not
so certain... but whatever).

Minor point - I wasn't talking about replying to an encrypted message -
but I imagine the behavior is analogous - only include the original text
if it's been verified (which is good, I think).

Oh. I'm not sure you only want to include it if it verified, this might
be unexpected behavior. Besides, you may want to reply to that text
anyway...

As a related note - Evo should have an option to automatically sign
(seems logical, doesn't it?)

If we are going to automagically paste text from decrypted encrypted
messages, then certainly.

I'm still waiting anxiously for a way to turn on signing/encrypting by
default.

it will come...

Ah, you need to change Type to 4 since I added a type for PGP 6.5.x,
GnuPG was bumped to 4 instead of 3. See if that solves the problem.

Changed the type - no difference in behavior.  Are there any package
versions I should check?  Also - is there a way to turn on debug logging
for the PGP code (without recompiling)?

I don't think there is much in the ay of debugging info for PGP. You'll
just have to gdb I guess.

Jeff