[Evolution] Continuing strange GPG behavior

I've mentioned this before, but after installing the latest version via
Red Carpet and seeing no positive change, I figured I'd ask again.

Evo no longer seems to correctly handle PGP mail sitting in my folders.
Signed messages aren't being verified, and encrypted messages are
displaying the encrypted text rather than prompting for a passphrase to
decrypt.

Replying to a PGP signed message results in a composition window without
the original text.

In case it matters, I've got several (3) accounts configured.

The relevant sections of the evolution/config/Mail file are:

[PGP]
type=3
path=/usr/bin/gpg

which I haven't changed since the first install I performed.

If I PGP sign or encrypt a message, Evo does the right thing.  Also,
signed messages in my sent folder *are* correctly verified - it just
doesn't seem to be working with anyone else's key.

Unfortunately I can't tell when this broke, as I don't interact with PGP
mail every day.  One day, it just stopped working.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Thanks.

--
   Dan Berger [dberger ix netcom com]
   http://home.ix.netcom.com/~dberger

   "If you can't explain it to an 8-year-old, you don't understand it"
                                        --Albert Einstein
    A982 E6B1 CB2F 7A49  843A 9297 DA73 4371  1F54 8D0C