Re: [Evolution] Keybinding bug

Outlook Express only does mail and news. It's not a full-blown PIM, the
way
that Outlook is, and the way that Evolution is trying to become. No one
know who has the full Outlook client uses OE for mail, only for news.
Outlook is far more powerful (as is Evolution).

WRONG.  i use OE for email because it's more powerful than outlook 2000.
for example OE has file size
information, whereas outlook 2000 doesn't.

"More powerful"? Doubt that. Will concede the filesize point, as well as a
couple easier-to-use functions that OE has that Outlook doesn't (flaggin
email comes to mind ...).

oiutlook contact also can't detect duplicate contacts accurately when i
move contacts from one folder to
another.  this really pisses me off.

Would piss me off, too. But how many people do that, and how often? They put
contacts into the "Contacts" folder, and no where else. I don't keep my
contacts in my Inbox, for example; I make an entry in the Contacts folder.
Or I drag an email from the person to the contacts folder - which
automatically (semi-)fills out a new contact form with the information
gleaned form the email.

outlook 2000 gets VERY slow when you try to move 10000 contacts to another
folder with 10000 contacts.  this
really pisses me off too.

Again, how many people have 10K contacts? You're talking mailing list sizes
here. You sound much more like a user on the far end of the power/features
curve, rather than the majority of users.

Or did you mean moving 10K messages?

outlook 2000 also can't import .txt file properly.  the calendar can't
display week view with month view next
to it.

You want a week detail, shown next to a month detail? OK.
BUT ... neither can OE do that, since OE doesn't do calendars at all, so I'm
not sure of the significance of this point ...

i can't launch outlook without launching a .pst file like excel.

You can if you have an Exchange server. :-) And you can't launch OE without
it's mailbox file, either, so again I'm confused.