Re: [Evolution] Evolution bugs...

On 20 Jul 2001 19:04:13 +1000, David Luyer wrote:
      * drag n drop - dragging a message to a folder drops it in
        the folder _below_ where it's dropped

I think this is due to an "issue" in GTK+, where the drop target is the
bottom of the icon...  I don't know when this will be fixed.

      * numerous crashes often requiring killing all processes
        containing 'evolution' or 'oaf' in their name before
        evolution will start all components again.  these aren't
        really much of a problem because it's typically lasting
        3+ hours between crashes and is a really cool mailer
        (and I'm treating IMAP as a layer of "safety" at the
        moment...).

Evolution has been pretty stable for me - easily lasting all day or only
crashing once or twice.  However, the person working next to me and make
it crash in seconds...

      * lack of detection of new mail in some IMAP folders
        even though all are subscribed.

I'm glade I'm not the only person who gets this!!  What IMAP server are
you using?  I'm using UoW IMAP 4.7.

      * I want a hotkey to tab between the different header display
        modes (ie, a hotkey to move a particular radio button)
        [eg, "h" forward on header radio select, "H" backward on
        header radio select... my setup has mostly removed the
        use of 'control' for hotkeys as I've previously used
        exmh for probably around 7 years]

In theory this is possible - have a look at the .xml files in
/usr/share/ui (I think) - they describe the user interface to Bonobo.
To understand them completely you'll need to read the docs in the bonobo
cvs module.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712