Re: [Evolution] Evolution bugs...

On 20 Jul 2001 19:04:13 +1000, David Luyer wrote:

Annoying bugs include:
      * spell checking.  gnome-spell-component loads but I don't
        see any colourising of my typos

I put a bug in bugzilla last night about this.  It hasn't worked for a
while, but I haven't heard a whole lot from Ximian about it.

      * drag n drop - dragging a message and then dropping it
        in the message list pane it came from causes a crash

The latest CVS (last night) doesn't crash for me.

      * drag n drop - dragging a message to a folder drops it in
        the folder _below_ where it's dropped

This was discussed on IRC yesterday, and there is at least one bug in
bugzilla.  Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

      * LDAP - selecting 'add' for directory sources just crashes

Latest CVS doesn't crash for me.

      * message caching - if I run evolution on two machines, and
        shut it down on one, delete a message via the other and
        then a new message comes in, then I start up evolution
        on the second machine again, the cached message is
        displayed rather than the new message which has come in.

I can't check this one, so I don't know.

      * nntp doesn't work (doesn't even let me list the groups to
        select them... so the 2 newsgroups I used to read with exmh
        are going unread...:))

Ximian has mentioned many times on the list that NNTP support is not a
priority before 1.0, so I guess it's not surprising that it doesn't
work.  However, I believe someone is doing some work on it.

Less annoying bugs include:
      * numerous crashes often requiring killing all processes
        containing 'evolution' or 'oaf' in their name before
        evolution will start all components again.  these aren't
        really much of a problem because it's typically lasting
        3+ hours between crashes and is a really cool mailer
        (and I'm treating IMAP as a layer of "safety" at the
        moment...).

I haven't crashed much recently.  The recent CVS has been quite stable
and nice for me.  How recent is your oaf?

      * lack of detection of new mail in some IMAP folders
        even though all are subscribed.

I haven't seen this, although I only use the INBOX folder on my IMAP
account.

Dan