Re: [Evolution] IMAP and folder updating..

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 02:19:03PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
Hrm. I've been using IMAP + evo for some time without ever seeing this
particular problem. It seems both of you have mail check applets
running... if you turn those off for a few minutes does that cure the
problem?

Sigh.  Sorry it took a while to get back to you on this, but..

I'm now worse off than when I started.  I downloaded the 0712 snap
this morning, and now I can't seem to get evo to see new IMAP mail at
all.  I send myself a mail and can't seem to see it no matter what I
do, short of exiting and restarting.

I've killed off mailcheck (which is the only other imapy thing I run),
turned off 'check automatically for new mail', and disabled the filter
on inbox on this server.  I do have a lot of messages in my Inbox,
however.  I wonder if that's what is screwing it up..

I ran with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG and then sent myself a mail.  This is
what I see when I hit send/recieve:

sending queue
sending : A00017 LIST "" {0+}

received: * LIST (\Noselect) "/" ""
received: A00017 OK LIST completed.
sending : A00018 LIST "" {5+}
INBOX
received: * LIST (\Marked) "/" INBOX
received: A00018 OK LIST completed.
sending : A00019 UID STORE 15935:15937 FLAGS.SILENT (\Seen)
received: A00019 OK STORE completed.

This is what I think I see when evo starts up with an unseen msg in INBOX:
received: * OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2653.23 (email.quarrytech.com) ready
sending : A00000 CAPABILITY
received: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
received: A00000 OK CAPABILITY completed.
sending : A00001 LOGIN {8+}
jaffleck {10+}
jaffleck99
received: A00001 OK LOGIN completed.
sending : A00002 NAMESPACE
received: * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL (("Public Folders/" "/"))
received: A00002 OK NAMESPACE completed successfully
sending : A00003 LSUB "" "*"
received: * LSUB () "/" INBOX
received: A00003 OK LSUB completed.
sending : A00004 LIST "" {0+}

received: * LIST (\Noselect) "/" ""
received: A00004 OK LIST completed.
sending : A00005 LIST "" {5+}
INBOX
received: * LIST (\Marked) "/" INBOX
received: A00005 OK LIST completed.
sending : A00006 STATUS {5+}
INBOX (UNSEEN)
received: * STATUS INBOX (UNSEEN 1)
received: A00006 OK STATUS completed.

I don't know if this helps or not. I guess I should probably purge out my
mailbox and try it again. That'd probably make my admin happy as well :).

        Thanks,

        John A.