Re: [Evolution] Ximians, GET A MODEM !!

On 05 Jul 2001 18:35:05 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
So sprach Xavier Bestel am Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 05:32:55PM +0200:
Sure, there are plenty of ways I can workaround the problem, but I don't
think a luser who just wants to use Evo with it's laptop in a cheap
hotel should go and set up a local pop account.

Dunno whatcha talkin' 'bout.  All (most?) Linux distributions ship with a
SMTP server which is (more or less nicely) pre-configured.  So he
need's no "local POP account", as the mail is, where it should be:
/var/spool/mail/<username> - normally and without tweakings.

Er, as long as there aren't problems like with recent snapshots where
local mbox retrieval doesn't work... as in my case, where I'm currently
using local POP to get my mail into Evo. I occasionally go check to see
if the bug's fixed (haven't looked this week yet, silly me) but until it
is, I'm a POP user for my local mail.

--
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland - http://zero.kgon.com
  His signal-to-noise ratio is epsilon.