Re: [Evolution] Ximians, GET A MODEM !!

Umm, yeah, quite a few of us do only have 56K modems.

So dont be so rude.

On 05 Jul 2001 14:43:39 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Hi !

I think Ximian should buy each Evo developper a 56k modem and force them
to use Evo only on that modem, through a bad phone line - and best of
all, on an old laptop.
And some of them should use POP, some IMAP, and some a combination of
both.

I'm currently using Evo on my laptop, over a phone line, with POP and
IMAP accounts. I can garantee you that's it's not a pleasure:

- if the connection hangs during a POP retreival, I have tons of
duplicate mails
- if the IMAP connection fails anytime, I'm often rewarded with a crash
- the time to go to offline mode is too long
- reading IMAP mail in online mode is not really convenient

I've already filled a bugzilla entry for the 1st one, I'll look for
others (how to quickly find if a similar bug is already submitted ?)

Cheers,
Xav