Re: [Evolution] Ximians, GET A MODEM !!

On 05 Jul 2001 16:29:32 +0200, Dennis Smit wrote:
Sorry, but it seemed so obvious that you used Evo only through hi-speed
connections (I don't have all these problems through ADSL or direct
connections)

I use Evolution through a modem connection as well and have zero
problems..

How lucky you are !

And about the duplicate mail.. ok image this.. Evo is on thalf download
stuff.. no folder sync and stuff.. OOPS evo crashed.. lost mail..

It's not working like this.
Evo should do, for each mail x:
RETR x (now the mail n° x is safely appended to the mbox file or
what-not)
DELE x (now it's deleted from the server)
and after all mails are processed, sync folders and stuff

This way, if Evo crashes the worst that can happen is (half) a duplicate
mail and/or an unsynced folder. The folder will automatically be synced
at startup (because of file access datestamp). I think that the
duplicate mail can be avoided too.
But the current behavior isn't pratical on a modem, believe me.

Xav