Re: [Evolution] Advice

Another thing that I mentioned to another person who replied was the
Outlook store. Very quickly, the Outlook database ("store" as I call it)
is very, very, very poor. it's slow, gets slower as it grows, is not
multi-user and is very unstable. MS has tried and tried to get rid of it

Yeah, it's impressively horrible. However, what do you mean by "not
multi-user"?
Multiple clients can't access it at once. A big request for Outlook is to be able to share Outlook folders across the network, for such things like sharing a group calendar between small teams, sharing document folders, etc. But it's impossible unless the client enforces the record-locking and data integrity itself (which is never a good solution).
Another thing that comes to mind is the poor version of Schedule+ that
Outlook had. Outlook, to this day, has not yet caught up with the
features that Schedule+ had years ago. Customers constantly complained
about this feature or that feature that S+ had that Outlook doesn't.

Any specifics for the features that were needed/missing?

oh boy.... there were many minor things, but the big one i recall was a shared calendar.

5. Client & server-side rules are BIG! This should be really easy to
configure and if they can work on the server (e.g., edit Procmail rules
from the client), even better.

What do you mean by this? I.e., what's a client-side rule vs. a server side
rule?
client-side rules run after a message is sent/received by the client -- the client does the work. so you can do things like pop up a dialog box telling you something, or whatever. server-side rules are meant mostly just to sort your mail between folders or send auto-replies. each type is useful in different contexts, but in my opinion, server-side are better.