[Evolution] Advice

Hi, I'm pretty excited about Evolution and wanted to do what I can to help it become a huge success....

I used to be a Program Manager on Outlook at Microsoft (please, don't throw stones). Since Evolution is trying to improve upon what Outlook is and I'd love to see a product that is what Outlook could have been, I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge about what we learned in Outlook from users, both end-users & corporate users. Hopefully, this info can help the development and prioritization of Evolution.

For instance, there's features that users constantly asked for but the Outlook group constantly ignored (Microsofties tend to believe they're geniuses and don't believe customers really know what they want) -- for example, an integrated newsreader was always a top request that Outlookers didn't feel like building ("NNTP is dead" was the typical answer;). And there's things that Outlook tried to do but failed miserably at -- performance, reminders, timezone-handling, etc. And.... there's some things that Outlook actually did right -- the Outlook bar, for example.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to share what I learned from my Outlook days -- hopefully some good will come out of the time I endured there :). Not intended to dictate, but give some insight so that a lot of work isn't put into areas that most users don't necessarily need/want.

Thanks!