Re: [Evolution] Evo 0.8 & NFS

"Downgrading" lock types is a bad idea I think. If fcntl doesn't work,
then you don't know if it's because the system doesn't support it or if
there's something else wrong...so switching to flock (which is broken on
90% of the systems anyway) is not a good idea.

Having a user-setting isn't exactly a good idea either because the
average user will not know the difference.

This is why it's compile-time meant for the system admin to decide.

Jeff