Re: [Evolution] Cannot initialize Evolution shell - FIXED

Hey everyone,

Exact fix is as Ettore said.  To be specific, since I set my $PREFIX to
/opt/evolution I had to then set my $OAF_INFO_PATH to /opt/evolution/share/oaf
and then do a oaf-slay.

Thank you,

woohooo!

-reid

On 15 Feb 2001 17:01:51 -0500, Ettore Perazzoli said:

On 15 Feb 2001 22:58:03 +0500, Dan Winship wrote:
 > > This is obviously an error the dev teams knows about since it generates a message.
 >
 > No, if we knew anything more about it, the error message would be more
 > useful. :-}

   Check that:

     * oafd is in your $PATH.

     * GNOME_Evolution_Shell.oaf and the other
       GNOME_Evolution_*.oaf files are readable and installed in
       $prefix/share/oaf, where $prefix is one of the prefixes listed in
       $GNOME_PATH or $OAF_INFO_PATH.  (These variables are supposed to
       contain $PATH-like colon-separated lists of paths.  If the
       installation prefix for Evolution is different from that). Run
       `oaf-slay' once before running `evolution' again if you change
       $GNOME_PATH or $OAF_INFO_PATH.

     * evolution, evolution-mail and the other evolution-* executables
       are in your $PATH (but I guess this is already the case).

   I hope this helps...

   This should probably go into the
 upcoming-as-soon-as-somebody-finds-time-for-it FAQ.

 --
 Ettore