Re: [Evolution] new oaf problem ?

On 6 Feb 2001, Alec Peden wrote:

I dont want my desktop dying everytime i update my email client, nor
gnome-panel or any other app that will migrate to oaf. the best way to
do this is have Red Carpet tell you to reboot your machine. While this
is a big pain in the ass for me and probably many others,...

Uh, rebooting a box everytime you update isn't really an acceptable
solution when you have 40+ users all pulling their sessions of the
same server.

[Just thought I'd offer a don't-forget-not-everyone-who-uses-gnome-as
-a-destktop-environment-is-running-their-own--linux-(whatever)-
desktop-computer perspective]

Certainly Debian is huge on being able to update packages without restarting
your machine.

        Andrew

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie