Re: [Evolution] new oaf problem ?

On 07 Feb 2001 20:37:49 -0500, Andrew Cowie wrote:
Uh, rebooting a box everytime you update isn't really an acceptable
solution when you have 40+ users all pulling their sessions of the
same server.

[Just thought I'd offer a don't-forget-not-everyone-who-uses-gnome-as
-a-destktop-environment-is-running-their-own--linux-(whatever)-
desktop-computer perspective]

Certainly Debian is huge on being able to update packages without restarting
your machine.

The whole idea of rebooting after installing software gives me
nightmares of my windows days :)
Seriously though, the ONLY time the os should be rebooted is when
installing new hardware or installing a new kernel.  As a side note,
even the installing new hardware concept is starting to fade away.

--
Sejal Patel (sejal iname com)

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep.  Why so can I, or so can any man;
but will they come when you do call for them?"
                                        Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part I