Re: [Evolution] Things I'd like to see (and implement)

No!  There is an option under View - "Hide Deleted Messages" for this.
Expunging a 1000 message folder across a slow IMAP connection every time
a message is deleted will kill the responsivness - expunge when you have
finished dealing with the folder.

Same happens for a 50meg mbox file too. So no, expunge after everything has finished.

o Get rid of the dialog that shows up to tell me how many messages were
downloaded (maybe move this status to the status bar instead?)

I'd prefer this just to disappear when done, actually.

Shouldn't be too hard.

And there should
only every be one of these dialogs - it is trivial to have many at the
moment (press get mail several times)

Fixed in CVS.

o Ability to turn the preview pane off

It's not a preview pane, it's a view pane :)

The splitter pane can be moved to the bottom of the window so that it is
not visible for now, but I suppose it is still active.

I think that's the recommended way if you don't want it.

iain