Re: [Evolution] Request: new menu entries

On Mon, 2001-12-24 at 08:42, Kenneth Porter wrote:
On Sun, 2001-12-23 at 18:55, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
During composition, the edit fields for headers (To, Cc, etc.) lack
cut/copy/paste ability.

seems to work for me! using standard X highlight and middle mouse
button, as well as "crtl-ins" etc.

Ah,  but I haven't yet picked up the X way of doing this, and I was
referring to context menus, not keyboard accelerators. In most places
one can right-click and a context menu offers Cut/Copy/Paste (among
other things), but there's no context menu for the To/Cc/Bcc entry
fields.

My opinion is that the X way of copy and paste is so efficient, nobody
will use context menu's for the address fields.
I even find the keyboard shortcuts laborious.

I think that 99% of people will not require it and once you get used to
the easy way that X does it, you will probably also not need those
context menu's.

I come from a Widoze environment and after I discovered the easy cut 'n
paste of Unix/Linux, I replaced all my two-button mice with 3-button or
wheel mice.  I even have the paste part implemented on Windoze.

Just my opinion.

--

Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better...  >
< So I installed Linux                            >