Re: [Evolution] [gtkhtml] tabs ....

On 27 Apr 2001 08:38:28 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le 2001.04.26 20:28:45 +0200, Larry Ewing a écrit :

It is not easily fixable.  Layout inside gtkhtml is a lot more
complicated than you seem to think.  We are planning on working on this
problem at some point, but it isn't high on the priority list right now.
As another possible solution to your particular problem, it sure would
be nice if you could pipe a message directly to a command inside
evolution, without having to save it first.

That's really NOT what I would call user-friendly ... I just want to copy
parts of my message to a text editor, and paste some other parts back,
without transforming content.

I'd like that too, we're working on it.  I offered another option that I
would like because it is something I would use regularly.

As a side note, you should notice that cutting and pasting tabs does not
generally work anyway, so the fact that it fails here is by no means
unique, even if the way it fails is also less than optimal.

Well, it works with text mail clients on gnome-terminal, it works with
Balsa, I think it worked with Spruce, so far Evo is the first one to do
that to me. I know real hackers use mutt/pine & procmail, but I would have
liked to use Evo for these tasks.

Hmmm unless I misunderstand the original problem the does not work with
text clients in gnome-terminal.

--Larry