Re: [Evolution] [gtkhtml] tabs ....

On 26 Apr 2001 15:58:20 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le 2001.04.26 15:55:25 +0200, Dan Winship a écrit :
What's worse is that when received, they are shown as 8 spaces ! So I
can't
copy/paste a received patch, it's just plain unusable - even in "view
source" mode. It seems to be a gtkhtml problem.

Well, you can save the message and then extract the patch from that...
but this is unfortunate. Not sure how fixable it is.

Well, I think you can understand that's not how I want to work with my
mailer. Gtkhtml should not convert tabs to spaces, it should display a tab
as the correct amount of spaces, and transfer it as an actual tab character
when pasted.

You seem to think it's not easily fixable ?

It is not easily fixable.  Layout inside gtkhtml is a lot more
complicated than you seem to think.  We are planning on working on this
problem at some point, but it isn't high on the priority list right now.
As another possible solution to your particular problem, it sure would
be nice if you could pipe a message directly to a command inside
evolution, without having to save it first.

As a side note, you should notice that cutting and pasting tabs does not
generally work anyway, so the fact that it fails here is by no means
unique, even if the way it fails is also less than optimal.

--Larry