Re: [Evolution] Why is ~/evolution not ~/.evolution?

I hate to make comments like this with alpha software, but I question this
choice a bit.  Why aren't configuration file separate from data files?

The idea is that you can just copy your ~/evolution directory from one
machine to another and get all of your data and all of your
configuration.

Now, there was a lot of argument about this back at the beginning
(much of it centering around the fact that you're not really getting
all of the configuration, because some of it will be GNOME-wide config
stuff or GtkHTML config stuff in ~/.gnome, or Gtk/WM theme
configuration stuff, etc, etc), and the main proponent of the "put all
the config stuff in ~/evolution with the data files" no longer works
here. Given that and the fact that GConf doesn't easily let you put
your config info somewhere else, I think we'll probably be moving the
config files out of ~/evolution before 1.0.

-- Dan