RE: [Evolution] Arguments against the outlook bar

As long as Evolution is hell bent on being the X-Outlook all it will
ever be is a poor cousin to the Microsoft outlook.

No more than Linux is a "poor cousin" of BSD and SysV Unix(tm).

Thats a bit off isn't it?  I have not used BSD but from what I hear it's
fine product, and while there may be a case for Linux being a lesser
product
it can hardly be argued that thats makes linux second rate!

Being a second class Outlook is second rate, I really believe in
Evolution, I
believe it can be a great product (it's what I use full time for mail at
home, which is all my important mail), but unless it's a better Outlook
than Outlook, and unless Gnumeric is a better xl than xl then we have
not
achieved all that we can.

And I know we can do better, every thing is on our side, but we as a
community need to start thinking beyond mere emulation of a look and
feel, the vFolders are a step in the right direction.

And, having really though about, the short cut bar is cool, but how
about making the folder list more like the Gnome Control Center tree?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss