Re: [Evolution] Evolution components

On 5/7/2000 8:15, John Karcz at jsk29 cornell edu wrote:

ost of my stable GNOME libs are installed via RPMS in /usr.
The following, unstable, libraries are installed in
/home/john/Gnome:  bonobo, gnome-vfs, oaf, gtkhtml, and
libunicode.  Evolution is also installed in /home/john/GNOME.
(Bonobo was built with --enable-oaf=yes.)

Now how did you accomplish this? The README for Evolution states that Bonobo
MUST be compiled with the same --prefix as Gnome-Libs or other compiles
(including evolution) won't work.

If you're like me and used Helix Gnome all the RPMS point to /usr(/lib)
instead of /usr/local(/lib). In fact, I've tried to do this and have
encountered errors in a couple programs during the config stage that mention
they can't find Bonobo, even though it's installed AND I run ldconfig -v
after each make install.

I was thinking about compiling all of Gnome from CVS from scratch, but I am
unsure if the Helix Gnome is the one in CVS (I like it over the existing
Gnome I have on RedHat 6.1). If so, great, I will do that, otherwise I have
to add the appropriate --prefix option so that everything works.

Comments?

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl os-s com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

     "I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want
                       to kill 10789 characters."