RE: [Evolution] Will evolution be able to import Outlook's PST fi les ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Zach [mailto:zach math berkeley edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 1:12 PM
To: evolution helixcode com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Will evolution be able to import
Outlook's PST
files ?

Daniel Persson wrote:
Since i have used the Microsoft Exchange client and later
on Outlook at
work i have rather big mail box at work.
It would be nice to get all these mail into my Linux
machine with Gnome.

If all you want is to migrate your mail, you can run Netscape's
(Windows) import utility. That will give you your Outlook mail in mbox
format.

Gag.  I tried that, but it's sloppy (typing on Outlook now).

For datebook and addresses, I don't know.  Outlook can export
individual
vCards, IIRC, maybe it can also write the entire database in vCard and
vCalendar format. Alternatively, buy a Palm, sync the data, then sync
back into Evolution (once Evolution and gnome-pilot work together) or
into gnome cal and gnome card, which use the same format as
Evolution (I
think).