Re: [Evolution] Will evolution be able to import Outlook's PST fi les ?

Hi

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 01:26:07PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Zach [mailto:zach math berkeley edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 1:12 PM
To: evolution helixcode com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Will evolution be able to import
Outlook's PST files ?

Daniel Persson wrote:
Since i have used the Microsoft Exchange client and later
on Outlook at work i have rather big mail box at work.  It
would be nice to get all these mail into my Linux machine
with Gnome.

From looking at Outlook 2000, there are only 2 export
options, one for the timex datalink watch, and the other to a
file.   It can output to Excel, Access, FoxPro, CSV, tab
delimited, dBase, and Outlook Personal Storage Folders.  So,
uhm, dang, that's gonna be ugly.  Makes me glad I own a Palm.

Well, Outlook Express has an import utility for Outlook .pst
files.  Outlook Express can also copy mail to folders on an IMAP
server.  This should work OK for the e-mails, but I think it
loses information for tasks etc.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies