[HC Evolution] Activity status

Hello Evolution lovers,

Here is a quick mail about what I am hacking on these
days and some of my TODO list items for the next
days.

I am currently working on the Evolution shell and the
mailer component so that we have something to test
Camel with.

The evolution shell is the application that the user
actually launches. It takes care of displaying the
main interface and running the different components.

The code is located in the "shell" directory. Here is
a very quick sketch of the shell structure.

The shell is designed as a View/Model application.

The EShell object is the model and the user can fire
up several views on it at the same time.

A view is represented as an EShellView class which is
a subclass of the GnomeApp class.

The shell manages a list of objects called
"e-services" and "e-folder", instances of the
EService and EFolder classes.

The Efolder class represents the top level objects the
user play with, like a calendar, a todo list, a mail
folder, a contact list. The e-folder is an object
which name can appear in the application (in the
shorcut bar, for example) and which the user can
launch views on. The views are bonobo components that
appear inside the Evolution shell.

An EService model an objects that normally never
appears in the main UI and which basically reprensent
Servers (like an IMAP or an SMTP server, for example).

Here is now what I am working on with a bit more
details. I am currently creating a Corba interface
that the view bonobo components should implement and
which will be used to give the component a reference
to the shell Corba interface. Then, I am going to
implement a Corba method in the shell which allows the
various bonobo components to register new services.
This way the Bonobo components can provide
configuration wizards which, when completed, can
register the newly created EServices into the shell. A
similar method will probably exist to register
EFolders.

In my TODO list of the next days :

* tighter integration between the Shell and the mailer
component.

* Allow to set the URI of the mail component.

* integrating the mail composer into the mailer component

* UI polishing.

Best regards,

   Bertrand